There will be so much happening throughout Fort Hays State University Homecoming, which starts in just two weeks, but here are a few highlights we want to share. These are events that require pre-registration, and we don’t want anyone to miss out on the opportunities to make meaningful connections and fondly share their memories of their time on campus. All of these details (and so much more) can be found at FHSUHomecoming.com.
Thursday, Sept. 28
- Our annual golf tournament is once again SOLD OUT, and we are looking forward to another exciting year at Smoky Hill Country Club.
- Those who are not golfing should check out Lunch with head Tiger Football Coach Chris Brown at noon on Thursday at Smoky Hill Country Club. This is a once-a-year chance to get to know Coach Brown, hear about some of his gameday rituals, how he interacts with his team, and his overall outlook on the year so far. This is a crowd favorite, and tickets are $17.
Friday, Sept. 29
- Those who graduated from FHSU 50 or more years ago are invited to the annual Half Century Club luncheon. This year, we are inducting the class of 1973 to the club and look forward to hearing some of the stories from their time at Fort Hays Kansas State College. This event in the Memorial Union begins with a social at 11 a.m., followed by lunch at noon. Tickets are $20.
- Also on Friday is our Alumni & Friends Awards Banquet, where we get to honor the six individuals being recognized for their successes this year. While we honor our awardees all weekend, this formal dinner is the official recognition of those who have not only contributed to FHSU but have gone on to make a difference in their communities and in their professions. Tickets are $30, and the evening begins with a social at 6 p.m. followed by dinner in the Memorial Union.
- Read about the alumni awards recipients at As FHSU preps for Homecoming, alumni award recipients announced
Saturday, Sept. 30
- There will be so much activity on Saturday, but we’ll once again begin by honoring the FHSU classes of 1973 and 1963 for their reunion breakfast in the morning. It will be a more intimate setting for those classmates from 50 and 60 years ago to catch up, and tickets for this are $15 each. That begins at 8:30 a.m. in the Union.
- Before kickoff that evening, all alumni and friends are welcome to a tailgate buffet on the East Lawn of Lewis Field at 5 p.m. Over the years, the event has welcomed not just alumni and fans but also families of the players on the team. It’s a great chance for them to connect while they are in town. Registration for the tailgate is $16 but DOES NOT include a ticket to the game. Tickets for the game vs. the Lincoln Blue Tigers can be purchased through FHSU athletics.
Please register by Sept. 20 at FHSUHomecoming.com.