TOPEKA — The Kansas Manufacturing Council has announced the 16 products headed to the next round of voting for the 2021 Coolest Thing Made In Kansas tournament.
They include Pat's Beef Jerky made in Liebenthal.
Presented by BKD CPAs & Advisors, more than 14,000 votes were cast during the first round of voting that concluded Sept. 10.
KMC Interim Executive Director Sherriene Jones-Sontag said the competition is to raise awareness about the state’s manufacturing industry and is a great way to learn about the many products manufactured in Kansas.
"It’s also a wonderful opportunity for Kansas manufacturers to show their best stuff and prove they have what it takes to be the Coolest Thing Made in Kansas," said Jones-Sontag.
The winner will be announced during the Kansas Manufacturing Summit on Oct. 12, at the Kansas Star Casino and Event Center. The 32 manufacturers featured in the contest will be invited to display their products during the Coolest Celebration Reception to take place the night before the summit.
Click here to read the list of the 32 products that qualified for the tournament.
The reigning Coolest Thing Made in Kansas is the EMP Shield made in Burlington. EMP Shield is the world’s first electromagnetic pulse (EMP) surge protection technology for an entire home and vehicle tested to military and UL 1449 standards from ETL. How cool is that?
· Voting during the tournament is
open to the public. A voter may vote once per match-up per round.
· Nominated products will advance through a series of voting rounds.
· Products receiving the most votes during each voting period will advance to the next rounds of 16, eight, and four.
· The winner will be announced October 12 at the 2021 Kansas Manufacturing Summit.
· The number of votes received will be reset at the beginning of each round.
2021 Contest Calendar
· Sept. 13 – 24: Voting
for Top 16 Products
· Sept. 27 – Oct. 1st: Voting for Top Eight Products
· Oct. 4 – Oct. 1h: Voting for Top Four Products
· Oct. 12: 2021 CTMK Winner Announced
Learn more at www.KansasCool.com