Last week's inspection results from the Kansas Department of Agriculture:
Aruthur's Pizza and Mexican Food - March 16 - 103 W Ninth - Ellis
A routine inspection found six violations.
- The employee handled ready-to-eat bread with her bare hands, handling it from the pizza oven to the consumer's plate.
- In refrigerated prep cooler next to pizza oven, shredded lettuce at 46 F, cooked diced chicken at 45 F, shredded cheddar cheese at 44 F, cooked rice in cooler below at 45 F, with an ambient air temp of the unit at 43 F per the thermometer in cooler.
- Made on-site penne pasta in a reach-in cooler with a date of discard as 3/26, cooked bowtie pasta with a date of discard as 3/23, made on-site pasta cheese sauce with a date of discard as 3/26. The date of inspection is 3/16. Item marked with over seven days when the date of prep counted as day one.
- Package of opened commercially manufactured cream cheese without an open date on the package.
- No test strips for quat in the establishment. The establishment uses quat sanitizer on tables in the dining area. The concentrate is diluted and put into spray bottles.
- Spray nozzle at dish area hangs below the flood rim level of the sink when the hose is not in use.
. . .
Hays Nutrition - March 16 - 107 E 11th - Hays
A licensing inspection found two violations.
- On the lazy susan on the counter there were two of five rubber spatulas that had imperfections present along the rubber head.
- There was a blue bucket that was being stored on the floor with a clear liquid and towel present. No label was present on the container.
. . .
Precision Vally Golf Center - March 16 - 1500 27th - Hays
A routine inspection found two violations.
- In the two-door True refrigerator, there was an opened container of spaghetti sauce that did not have a date of when it was opened.
- The inspector talked to the person in charge about two of ten utensils that had dried food residue present.