Office of Gov.
TOPEKA – The Strengthening People and Revitalizing Kansas (SPARK) Taskforce Executive Committee appointed members to the group’s four advisory panels: Health and Education, Economic Revitalization, Connectivity, and Efficiency and Modernization.
The advisory panels will gather information and feedback from Kansans, using that input to prepare proposals within each issue area for the most effective statewide distribution of federal coronavirus relief funds allocated to Kansas through the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) of March 2021.
“I am confident that each advisory panel will develop comprehensive ARPA funding proposals for strategic investments where they are needed most,” Governor Kelly said. “I appreciate all advisory panel members for committing their time and energy into building a stronger economy for future generations of Kansans.”
“This outstanding group of advisory panel members from throughout Kansas will help us equitably allocate ARPA funds in truly impactful ways,” Lieutenant Governor and Commerce Secretary David Toland said. “Working together, we’ll pursue thoughtful investments in our economy and quality of life for all Kansans.”
"I am grateful for all who have agreed to serve on the advisory panels to help guide our ARPA funds in a way that will have a long term positive impact on the lives of Kansans," Kansas Senate President Ty Masterson said. " Each brings a unique area of expertise, and I am looking forward to working with them to identify ways we can best invest these important dollars into the Kansas economy."
“This is the right group to have around the table to make these important investment decisions," Speaker of the House Ron Ryckman said. "They bring the business and policymaking experience we need to ensure the state’s economic turnaround.”
The members of each advisory panel are as follows:
Economic Revitalization: The Economic Revitalization Advisory Panel will consider issues related to economic development and will seek to make investments with long term impact for the Kansas economy.
- Kansas Representative Sean Tarwater
- Kansas Senator J.R. Claeys
- Kansas House Minority Leader Tom Sawyer
- Tien Hyunh, Entrepreneur/Business Owner
- Andrew Nave, Executive Vice President, Greater Wichita Partnership
- Lona Duvall, President, Finney County Economic Development Council
- Tim McKee, CEO, Olathe Chamber of Commerce
- Brett Leopold, Vice President, ITC Great Plains
- Sam Sackett, VP of Government Relations, Spirit AeroSystems
- Matt Condon, CEO, Bardavon Health Innovations
- Ryan Flickner, Senior Director of Advocacy, Kansas Farm Bureau
Health and Education: The Health and Education Advisory Panel will consider issues related to social services, education, and improving the health and wellness of Kansans.
- Kansas Representative Kristey Williams
- Kansas Senator Renee Erickson
- Kansas Senate Minority Leader Dina Sykes
- Robyn Chadwick, VP Operations, Behavioral Health, Ascension Via Christi
- Raphael Wahwassuck, Tribal Council Member, Prairie Band Potawatomi Nation
- Dr. Jarvis Collier, Senior Pastor, Pleasant Green Baptist Church
- McClain Macklin, Director of Policy and Strategic Initiatives, Health Forward Foundation
- Kathe Decker, Former Lawmaker
- Shawn Sullivan, CEO, Midland Care Connection
Connectivity: The Connectivity Advisory Panel will consider issues related to broadband and IT infrastructure.
- Kansas Senator Mike Peterson
- Kansas Representative Adam Smith
- Kansas Senator Tom Hawk
- Dr. Tiffany Anderson, Superintendent, Topeka Public Schools
- Stanley Adams, Director, Kansas Office of Broadband Development
- Ed Taylor, Principal/CEO, UES Consulting Services, Inc.
- Brian Vulgamore, Business Manager, Vulgamore Family Farms
- Paul Truitt, VP of Field Operations, Cox Communications
- Molly Kocour Boyle, President, AT&T Kansas
Efficiency and Modernization: The Efficiency and Modernization Advisory Panel will seek opportunities to modernize and improve government services.
- Kansas Representative Troy Waymaster, R-Bunker Hill, 110th Dist.
- Kansas Senator Michael Fagg
- Kansas Representative Kathy Wolfe-Moore
- Tanya Heffel, Chief Technology Officer, OITS
- Joe Mandala, CIO, KBI
- Frank Burnam, Director, Office of Facilities and Property Management for State of Kansas
- Michael Wilkes, City Manager, Olathe
- Mark Hutton, Retired CEO and Former Legislator
- Matt Billingsley, Former Kansas Department of Revenue
- Shane Mathis, CEO, Ally RNG
Additional information about the SPARK Committee, ARPA or the Governor’s Office of Recovery can be found at https://covid.ks.gov.