Mar 04, 2021 5:45 PM

Sheriff: Classic vehicles destroyed in rural Kansas fire

Posted Mar 04, 2021 5:45 PM
Crews at the scene of the fire on Wednesday -photos Saline Co. Sheriff
Crews at the scene of the fire on Wednesday -photos Saline Co. Sheriff

 SALINE COUNTY —Several restored vehicles were among the loss in a rural Saline County structure fire late Wednesday afternoon.

Just after 5:30p.m. Wednesday, firefighters from Rural Fire Districts 6 and 2  were dispatched to report of a fire in the 4200 block of West Parsons Road north of the unincorporated Saline County community of Salemsborg according to, Saline County Sheriff Roger Soldan.

When they arrived, they found a building on the property ablaze.

A 1932 Ford valued at $33,000, a restored 1946 Studebaker valued at $33,000, a restored 1953 Chevrolet pickup valued at $33,000, a 1939 Studebaker valued at $2,000 along with $25,000 worth of tools were located inside the building, according to Soldan. The building itself was valued at $60,000. The total loss as a result of the fire is $186,000.

The property owner, Ron Householter, 58, was not home at the time of the fire, which was believed to be caused by an electrical issue. There were no injuries reported.