At Eagle Radio of Hays, we are committed not only to serving our listening and online audiences, but also helping our business partners and advertisers during this difficult time.
Already, in this time of social distancing, we see businesses across the area working hard to take care of their employees and customers by creating a safe shopping, dining or service environment. Getting the message of those efforts out to the public not only helps to protect businesses but assists in instilling a sense of confidence and calm to the community in the face of the serious situation we face.
“Across each of our markets in Kansas, Nebraska and Missouri we at Eagle Communications pledge to help our communities to stop the spread of the Coronavirus. Local businesses want you to know they are taking the necessary measures to provide a safe place where you can shop, dine out, and support your local community during this difficult time,” said Kurt David, president and CEO of Eagle Communications. “Go to helpstopthespread.org for a list of local businesses who have taken the pledge to help stop the spread.”
To help “get the word out” about local businesses, Eagle Radio of Hays is offering a free directory of businesses that “Take the Pledge to Stop the Spread” by following the simple guidelines put forth by the World Health Organization.
Businesses in each of our markets pledge to keep the following standards of safety:
1. Make sure your workplaces are clean and hygienic.
2. Promote regular and thorough hand-washing by employees, contractors and customers.
3. Promote good respiratory hygiene in the workplace.
4. Advise employees and contractors to consult national travel advice before going on business trips.
5. Brief employees, contractors and customers that if COVID-19 starts spreading in your community anyone with even a mild cough or low-grade fever (100.4 degrees or higher) needs to stay at home. They should also stay home (or work from home) if they have had to take simple medications, such as paracetamol/acetaminophen, ibuprofen or aspirin, which may mask symptoms of infection.
Visit www.helpstopthespread.org to access a list of businesses who have taken the pledge. To have your business added to the free listing, contact your Eagle Radio of Hays representative or call (785) 301-2211.