Fort Hays State Softball opens its 2020 season Friday through Sunday at the Lubbock Sports College Invitational. FHSU is coming off a 24-25 season, posting its most wins in a season since 2015.
A veteran squad with 15 upperclassmen has 23 non-conference games on the slate before jumping into conference play in early March. The Tigers will play five games this weekend, including two Friday, two Saturday, and one Sunday.
10:00 AM – Fort Hays State vs. CSU-Pueblo (Frenship High School Field 2) - Twitter
Records of Opponents in 2019
UC-Colorado Springs – 28-26
Chadron State – 14-35
Southern Nazarene – 25-30
New Mexico Highlands – 8-31 (0-1 so far in 2020)
CSU-Pueblo – 14-30
- Fort Hays State and UC-Colorado Springs last met in 2018 in Colorado Springs. UCCS took two games of a three-game series, which served as the season-opening games that season. UCCS will be FHSU's first opponent of the season for the second time in three years. FHSU leads the all-time series with UCCS 25-15.
- Fort Hays State and Chadron State meet for just the second time in history. Chadron State won the first meeting, which was the season-opening game of the 2017 season for the Tigers, by a score of 1-0 in Canyon, Texas.
- Fort Hays State and Southern Nazarene meet for the first time since the 2017 season. FHSU is 3-0 all-time against SNU. FHSU won the 2017 meeting with SNU 5-1 in Bentonville, Arkansas.
- FHSU and New Mexico Highlands meet for the first time since 2006, when both were members of the Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference. FHSU moved to the MIAA the next year. FHSU holds a slim 19-18 advantage in the all-time series with the Cowgirls.
- Fort Hays State and CSU-Pueblo have not met in softball since 2008. There is a sizable sample of games between the teams from Fort Hays State's RMAC days as CSU-Pueblo holds a slim 20-19 advantage in the all-time series.